What do you think about the protests in Minneapolis happening right now as a response to police racism?

elisa_0
It has been discovered that Derek (the murderer cop) was actually a coworker of Floyd's for 17 years and this may have been more personal than racist. Derek's house is also being protected by police, despite having killed an innocent person.

A destructive and chaotic riot has ensued. People are enraged, and the police had to evacuate their own precinct because it was on fire. I'm sure most of you know this already.

What do y'all think about the entire situation?
1 mo
Some facts I’ve gathered:
-Derek worked with Floyd for a few months, not 17 years so maybe they didn’t know each other well
-Blacks are stopped a lot more often than white people, and police use more brutal force on them. Blacks are also less likely carry weapons and drugs.
-Most people have racial bias, even blacks, according to the Harvard Implicit Association Test (you can look it up online and take the test it’s actually very interesting). But I’m unsure about e credibility of the test.
1 mo
-Floyd had faced jail time before about a violent robbery, so the fact that people view him as a saint is a bit disturbing
31
5