Do you think prison is a severe and cruel punishment? and is so do you think its right that prison is strict and tough?

goodgirlbecky
i watched a programme on prison life that was filmed before coronivirus, it was a womens prison, i thought their lives were VERY hard no longer could these women go, eat or wear what they want, the prison days started at 6am with loud bells going off, the women had to wear full prison uniform , then some of the women went off to work they had to walk in silence, the other women were then locked back into their tiny bear cells, the women had to keep their cells spotless if not they were punished they all had to follow VERY strict rules, at 4pm the women were locked into their cells until the next morning, the prisoners then started shouting out of their heavly barrded windows, the noise was awful, many of the prisoners complained of the utter boredom and misery of imprisonment, all the women said how much they missed their freedom and desperatly wanted to be free, all the prisoners looked sad and misreable, many had years left to serve of their punishment,
I FELT SORRY FOR THEM WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Do you think prison is a severe and cruel punishment? and is so do you think its right that prison is strict and tough?
Add Opinion