Should the officers involved in the George Floyd murder be charged with First Degree Murder?

worldscolide
I think no, But only because legally it would never stick.

In most states, first-degree murder is defined as an unlawful killing that is both willful and premeditated, meaning that it was committed after planning or "lying in wait" for the victim. For example, Dan comes home to find his wife in bed with Victor. Three days later, Dan waits behind a tree near Victor's front door. When Victor comes out of his house, Dan shoots and kills him.

Most states also adhere to a legal concept known as the "felony murder rule," under which a person commits first-degree murder if any death (even an accidental one) results from the commission of certain violent felonies, such as:

- Arson;
- Burglary;
- Kidnapping;
- Rape; and
- Robbery.

For example, Dan and Connie rob Victor's liquor store, but as they're fleeing, Victor shoots and kills Dan. Under the felony murder rule, Connie can be charged with first-degree murder for Dan's death even though neither of the robbers actually did the killing.

The Elements of First Degree Murder
State laws categorizing murders into first, second and possibly third degrees generally require that first degree murders include three basic elements

- Willfulness;
- Deliberation; and
- Premeditation.

Federal law and some states also require "malice aforethought" as an element. States, however, differ as to how malice must be shown and whether this is a separate requirement from willful, deliberate and premeditated taking of human life. Most states also enumerate certain kinds of killings as first degree murders without need to prove intent, deliberation and premeditation.

Should these idiotic officers be charged with murder.. Absolutely. Legally though their crime does not fit the standards for first degree murder, so i think 2nd degree is appropriate. I just had an angry pink decide to block me, and call me a racist pig because i stated the above. What do you al think?
Understanding the definitions, No they should not be.
I dont care im an angry leftist They should be charged with First degree murder and im going to cry about it until they are Fuck the police because im too stupid to understand how our laws work.
GirlGuy
2
3