You are newly elected member of a community elected PEACE COUNCIL : What is your community proposal , to protect and keep the peace in a humane way?

There has been a lot of talk - rightly so in my opinion - About police violence. Talking about police violence is in no way discounting other types of violence or crimes. To a dress one topic does not by default negate another and that is not has never been my intention. To request we stay on topic is not an attempt to silence anyone or to pretend this is the only problem in the world... Tbh it’s really Only to simplify long threads that collapse into each other —for those of us on our phones 🤦‍♀️😁

Many of you know I’ve posted a few posts that were either directly about violence or adjacent to it. I am not sure how but I think I in some cares have inadvertently created impression I support recklessness and am apposed to authority and structure. That was not my intention.

I fully support structure and authority. What I appose is laws either Being broken and with impunity at that, or Formed in a way as to be freely used AGAINST the people they are ostensibly meant to protect. putting people in a position here there is literally no recourse but yo stay away.

Imagine , if the only way to treat an illness was to avoid doctors. This is a problem everyone would want to fix. Police violence is not recognizable to everyone for obvious reasons but not bc it doesn’t exist and not bc you only need to worry about it if you are guilty.

I understand and respect the fact that due to differing life experiences, though the issue is global, there are different _feelings_ on the matter snd as does happen, The debate can easily get stuck on does it exist does it not exist do I care etc..

So I personally would like to try discussing things from a different perspective, in that to respond to this post does not require agreeing or days agreeing with anyone. or condemning anything.. just brain storming towards a better way of life. ☺️
1 mo
SO

If you were a collective leader of a community :

I e you and several other “peace experts” were hand selected by your constituents, TO come up with a fair juste humane widely accepted form, OF protecting the community and keeping the peace..

WHAT would you strategy be?

Keep in mind you belong to a community approved council , whom will All will be held accountable for their proposals and can be voted out if you fail to work in the people’s interest...

Therefore is something >>
1 mo
Therefore is something that will have to appeal the community bc it will be voted in favor of , or against , at each turn. So it can't simply be something you think sounds cool. The community is now literally holding you up in your position. They can bring you down as well. (not violently - just diplomatically, by right to recall ).

YOU are now tasked with protecting and keeping the Peace your local community, how will you do it.

Thank You For Participating, Respectfully 😌🌺
24
0