Isn't it ironic that white people chose to bring black people here, but now don't want them here?

Anonymous
The concept of racism in America just seems really backwards to me.

(And I do realize that not all white people are racist. This only applies to the ones who are. Many Caucasians are very sweet, and are accepting of different types of people.)

In history, the European settlers spent many months sailing to a whole different continent to bring people of a different color here to the United States completely against their will. They could have had America all to themselves (except for Native Americans of course). They could have not had to see darker colored people at all. But they made that decision on their own to make the country multi-racial. And now, they seem upset about that and act like they don't want them to be here.

Can someone help me to understand this? There seems to be no logic to this at all.
5
1