Why do people in USA expect an equal blend of blacks and whites in every occupation, when black population hardly reaches 30%?

Porcelaine
Forgive me if this question seems ignorant, I am simply trying to educate myself on this subject and how severe oppression truly is, vs how much people jump to conclusions that if certain place has mostly people of just one race, then it MUST be beause they discriminated against others. I am very aware that there are situations where black people experience oppression and racism, but even if every single person in America was a non racist saint, who provided equal opportunities for everyone, thats still can't be done. Not to mention not all races equally pursue the same careers. I hear often, 'just look at the numbers' meaning the numbers of white people in colleges, certain professions, media and what not, and yes, majority of them are white. But I looked up the numbers of how many black people vs white people live in USA in general, most say whites are 70%, blacks are 12%. The most I found is that black people are around 30%. I dont know which one is correct, but it seems there is simply more white people in US, which means more of them will be in all of those places and not equally diverse.
15
2