Did the violent structure of slavery and its aftermath also negatively affect the next generation of white people?

Anonymous
I am a black woman and lately I've been seeing a lot of racism as a response to the protests that have been going on and the call for Justice for people of color. I have been really trying to understand the perspective of white people especially those who are racist and when I did more research I realized that white children were also witness to the violence that resulted from racism. When there were lynchings, thousands of people would line the streets dressed in their Sunday best with their entire family to watch a black person hung, castrated, set on fire, shot and then dragged through the streets.

There is for sure generational trauma in the black community stemming from the brutality of slavery, lynching etc.
... white parents exposed their children to this brutality as well, did it also effect white people negatively, perhaps mentally?
This is a postcard of a lynching. White families would send them to family and friends. Some children are smiling. Makes you wonder, did the trauma of witnessing this hurt them as well.
5
0