Girls, is it okay for your boyfriend to talk about their problems, issues and shortcomings with you or would you prefer he sees a therapist?

Pighttussy
Assuming that you don't necessarily have to give him the best solutions to overcome those issues but just listen to him and by talking to you, he feels better. Not necessarily talking about depression but its not off the table.

I only ask because there is a feminist narrative that suggests men should see a therapist about his problems in life and not burden their partners with their issues because "Women are not rehabilitation centres for men", as they say.

I completely disagree with that because firstly, not all problems need to be addressed with the best solution, sometimes just telling them to someone can alleviate the burden. Secondly, it is a great opportunity to bond with one another since you are sharing vulnerabilities and your partner now knows why you behave in ways that you do. Thirdly, that's exactly what therapists do. They just listen and in the end ask us questions that make us come with the solution ourselves. Sure they are professionally trained and better equiped to deal with such stuff but that doesn't compare to raw love. And lastly, talking to a complete stranger is nowhere near as satisfying as talking to your caring girlfriend. But then, I am an introvert, so, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
Yes, I wanna hear his problems and issues
A therapist would be a better option
GirlGuy
1