Have I grown more intolerant or have certain political groups grown more radical?

Anonymous
I remember days many years ago where I felt as though someone's political affiliation had little to no impact on our romantic, relational compatibility. I wonder, what changed? I feel as though the opposing political party has shifted rather dramatically towards a more extreme position, and with each passing day, I find the idea of dating someone who politically contrasts me less and less appealing. And not only do I find political contrast unappealing, I'm starting to find political similarity to be actively appealing, rather than merely feeling indifferent about it. Thankfully, I don't feel the same when it comes to friendship, but unfortunately it holds true for romance. Has anyone else experienced this? What are your thoughts on my now disinclination towards being romantically involved with someone who politically contrasts me?
Have I grown more intolerant or have certain political groups grown more radical?
Add Opinion