Why is their so much hatred for innocent white Southerners honoring their Confederate heritage? Do CSA monuments deserve vandalism and removal?

I’m tired of seeing so many innocent people villified and put in the same category as white supremacists just for honoring their ancestors who fought to protect their families from being killed. There’s a reason “Heritage not Hate” is such a popular saying. Entire cities were looted and burned to the ground by Union troops. The Union had absolutely no moral justification to declare this War, as secession was a Constitutional right regardless of whether or not you agree with the motivation. And the War of Northern Agression wasn’t even about ending slavery in the first place, so the moral justification just wasn’t there until it became a necessary cover-up later to distract from war crimes and atrocitites being committed, all in the name of “preserving the Union” because “without them who will pay for the Government”.

Therefore the men in gray are true heroes. They deserve to have statues built in their honor. They fought in defense of those who were too weak to defend themselves.

The statues of Confederate Generals also serve a similar purpose in reminding our nation of important figures who led the fight against an unjust war that led to the destruction of their homeland.

As an Irish Catholic from the Northeast, I do not share their heritage, but it does pain me to see their history being torn away from them, in the same way the British deprived my ancestors of their history and identity.

Regardless of whether or not you agree with the statues and their history, let them serve as a reminder of the challenges we have overcame as a nation. Let them serve as a reminder of the brave men who fought in defense of their homeland against a truly unjust war they didn’t intend to start.

The monuments deserve no more hatred than Lincoln and his Unconstitutional crimes against humanity that he offered no remorse over.

To those who still want the monuments vandalized and removed, how would you feel if those monuments meant something to you? Offense is taken not given.
Why is their so much hatred for innocent white Southerners honoring their Confederate heritage? Do CSA monuments deserve vandalism and removal?
Add Opinion