White people, why do some of you make fun of black hair so much?

Anonymous
I usually wear a sew in because I was tired of people making comments about my hair, but I want to wear it natural for a bit and, honestly, sew ins are annoying. I came out with an Afro puff ponytail. First, my roommate raised his fist at me in a ‘black power’ way and said good morning. I went to work, and a co-worker asked me if I was going to join a BLM protest after work. Several co-workers have commented that my hair is poofy. One suggested I straighten it. As I was leaving, another coworker reached out and touch my hair (and effectively messed it up) while I was talking to them about something totally unrelated. Then she apologized and said, “Sorry, I can help myself. I had to know what it felt like.” I stopped at the gas station, and a truck driver in line asked me how my NATURAL HAIR got to looking like that and said my ponytail reminded him of those snowball hostess cakes.

I really need to understand why so many white people just lose all basic common sense and respect when a black person wears their hair natural. I’ve noticed this since I was kid, and I’m 32 now. What tf is it with some white people that they are just so beyond rude?
3
3