Why do most people resort to childish taunts and insults in every political thread?

BeenThereLovedIt
I'm a progressive - NOT democrat or republican. I appreciate progressive policies that both of them work on in congress. Nearly every political thread on G@G quickly devolves into posting petty memes and name calling. I've tried to discuss policy here and pretty much end up blocking people because they get so confrontational and verbally abusive.

We're talking about many people over 30 too- like how do you get through life thinking this way? How can you honestly support any politician who acts like a child?

This isn't trolling or attempting to be shitty towards either side.. just curious if you could remove the childishness from politics, then would you? Why don't you start by removing your childishness first and demanding the same of those you discuss with, and just block/ghost them when they lob insults? That's what I'm doing. I also stopped responding to any question that has insults in the question or details. C'mon people, let's be adults here.
1
1