Do you think that France will die, disappear?

Jonathanlama
To explain the title of my question I am going to put a text, an interview with the philosopher Michel Onfray, who thinks that France will end up "disappearing" and in general that it is western civilization which will disappear because it is the fate of all civilizations, and that there is no reason
Christianity no longer works among Christians: they no longer believe in purgatory, in hell, in the Parousia, in Satan, in the Eucharist, in the virginity of Mary… ”He continues:“ All that was dogmatic, everything that presupposed a faith has disappeared. " "We have a pope who is a boy scout, who tells us that we 'have to love this or love that', 'save the planet', It's Greta Thunberg without transcendence. "" What constitutes the basis of our civilization is exhausted. " Then he said: “I think France is at an advanced stage of coma and death. " and finally, The boat sinks, you have to try to sink with elegance. I would end with this text by Cioran How great France has been! From the individualism and the cult of freedom for which, once, she had shed her blood - she retained, in her twilight form, only money and pleasure... When one does not believe in anything, senses become religion. And the finality stomach. The phenomenon of decadence is inseparable from gastronomy. Since France renounced its vocation, manducation has risen to the rank of ritual. Food replaces ideas. The French for more than a century have known that they eat. From the last peasant to the most refined intellectual, mealtime is the daily liturgy of spiritual emptiness. The belly was the tomb of the Roman Empire, it will inevitably be that of French. Nothing is more embarrassing than seeing a nation that has abused - rightly - the attribute "great" , great nation, great army, the greatness of France -, to degrade itself in the human herd panting after happiness. France no longer has a revolutionary destiny, because it no longer has any ideas to defend. The peoples begin in epics and end elegies
Add Opinion