Don't you think that questions and thoughts that explicitly compare social/life situation of different groups amplify the controversies between them?

Regmorus
Definitely it is important to keep in mind differences of different groups of people and to try to achieve reasonable level of equality of rights and freedoms for every individual regardless of their factual belonging or belongingness to one or another group.

But do you notice as I do that many of the people who try to target the existing inequalities in order to make the community think about them unwillingly or thoughtlessly seem to only BROADEN THE CLUFT between the groups in question instead of being successfull at inspiring such thinking and consequently at bringing the groups closer together for a peaceful dialogue?

It does not help that many of the fighters for equality and against injustice tend to exaggerate, to focus on less important or to make up issues in their mind or due to misinformation and to cherry pick.

I observe that the EXTREME (intended or unwilling and/or subsconscious) focusing at HOW DIFFERENT WE ARE (whether it is about racism, whether it is about men and women, whether it is about wealthier and less wealthy population etc.) leads us and our minds astray EVEN IF this pointing out of differences is meant to be being done with best purposes.

It only makes us more distrustful, more aloof (as to belonging to our group and not theirs), more entitled, fills us with hatred, resentment.

Of course I am not preaching that we should just forget that inequalities exist and that we should just let occurences of injustice alone. No.

BUT somehow the message by all such targeting articles/questions on GaG should be, we all have much in common, let us look at what we have in common and BUILD ON THAT, considering our natural differences as a gift that allows variety of life and NOT the message like "we are that different, how could we coexist peacefully / how could we not have conflicts because of that / how could we look at what we have in common, we are different, what do you want?"
Updates:
26 d
It is difficult to implement it, but not impossible. Certainly not impossible.

The starting point ought to be we are all human, the starting point in our subconscious and in our soul. Otherwise we get what we have. Just observe what in truth is one of the effects of such "revealing, emphasizing words" (in spite of their possible, not mentioned here positive effects).
26 d
Replace "CLUFT" by "GAP". I accidentally switched to German in my mind for a moment by thinking about the issue.
Don't you think that questions and thoughts that explicitly compare social/life situation of different groups amplify the controversies between them?
Add Opinion