What is your general feeling about justification of an action after the fact?

Hypnos0929
So as many of you know a 17 year old shot multiple people in self defense. The self defense is talked about by others who agree that it was S. D or not so I won't weigh in on the subject.
However, I'd like to ask how you all feel about whether or not the criminal histories of the now dead should factor into how the kid reacted. He clearly had zero idea who they were so isn't it wrong to bring up their criminal histories? To me, this idea that we should judge someone on information they didn't have is a bad idea.
In my opinion being a lucky killer isn't good news. I don't think the kid deserves hard jail time or even a dime but we shouldn't just say "Well it was a good thing he killed those guys instead of accidentally killing those other guys".

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but it seems like many people believe "If you are guilty of one crime then you deserve to die" or "His past actions must mean he was the aggressor". The George Floyd and Trayvon Martin incidents stand out to me. In both cases many people were quick to say both the former and latter deserved to die.

So what do you think? In the court of public opinion should we judge a person's actions and intentions based on what they didn't know?
1
1