Should people draw or portray Muhammad even if muslims are offended by it?

Godofmyownwurld
On the one hand, just to try and steelman muslims, I get that they believe that drawing muhammad is deeply disrespectful. It makes them feel similar to how a black person might feel if they were called the n word. And just out of simple compassion I don't want to make people feel that way if i can avoid it.

On the other hand, freedom of expression is paramount. Satire is designed to be offensive, thought provoking, and if im honest I genuinely feel like telling muslims to get the fuck over it. Its a picture. Not everyone has such a high opinion of the guy and if you think they're wrong, you have the right to try and change their minds, not murder cartoonists (link below)

So what do you think? Is it a hate crime to draw Muhammad? Or do certain muslims need to grow a fucking spine and accept that its not racist to dislike and negatively portray a single historical figure for the things he did and stood for?

Cartoonists murdered by islamic extremists
5
1