Do you think people who say "Poverty in America is better than anywhere in the world" are privileged?

Hypnos0929
I've heard this argument time and time again from people who think all poor people are lazy or bad at money management or say "Anyone in America can become a multimillionaire with hard work".
I was recently arguing with someone who said "No one in America is starving unless they are being abused" and honestly I just couldn't believe it because I remember being a kid and going days without eating because of a long weekend and we had no food at home.
Personally I think the people who say this are extremely privileged. They're playing the "victim Olympics" rather than understanding no poor person in America thinks "God at least I'm not starving and shoeless in Zimbabwe".
It's definitely stupid and privileged
It's privileged but not stupid
It's stupid but not privileged
Vote C
It's neither stupid or privileged
Vote D
GirlGuy
0
5