Does the Bible mandate government control of people’s actions?

Kaazsz
I don’t think it does. The age old debate between conservatives and liberals, each side trying to claim the Bible’s teachings support their views.

Yes, Jesus taught that you should share. No, Jesus did not say that you should be forced to share by others.

I think that the Bible supports the right wing view more. The right wing view is that each individual should be free to choose. The left wing view is that people should be forced to share.

I think it is incorrect for the left to claim that the Bible is on their side. As I said, Jesus did not say we must be forced to share. I think Jesus believed that people should be free to choose.

I’m currently reading the Bible and I just don’t get the feeling that the Bible says you must be forced to act in the way the Bible teaches. Although it does seem that in our history for the past 2000 years the church was definitely trying to force people to act as the Bible prescribes. But I do not believe the Bible actually advocates for force. I feel that the Bible advocates for individuals to choose their own path and to be free to choose. This supports the right wing side of things and not the left. Even if the teachings of the Bible say you should share, nowhere does it say that you should be forced to share.
0
8