Non-Americans: would you like to have the opportunity to own or shoot a gun?

Anonymous
I work part-time at an indoor gun range. I have a background in firearms maintenance, and experience at the range has also given me background in training and coaching new shooters through advanced shooters, as well as diagnostics and other equipment troubleshooting.

This past weekend, I worked with two foreigners and two immigrants: the foreigners were from St. Petersburg, Russia, one had immigrated from Moscow, and the other had immigrated from Belarus. The two that had immigrated said that they brought the other two because they knew that access to firearms was very restricted in Russia, so they wanted the other two to get as much enjoyment as they could while they were here. I've also had the opportunity to work with vacationers and people on work-related travel from Australia, Canada, China, England, Japan, South Africa, and other Soviet-bloc, African and European nations. We have literally had people from across the globe visit our little mom-and-pop business because they can't shoot a gun in their home country.

The thing that really strikes me about a lot of them is how much fun they have. The possession and use of firearms in their home countries is almost non-existent, so when they come here, they want to live it up. Even members of their militaries are stunned by what we have here in the U. S. (two members of the Royal Air Force had heard of shotguns before they came to our facility, but never handled one until they came to us -- and they conquered their fear of recoil when they fired a couple of boxes of 12-gauge slugs). When it comes to foreigners, I have yet to see a single one leave our facility and not be smiling ear-to-ear... they even like to take targets and spent shell casings as souvenirs!

So, if you're not from the U. S.: do you want to taste the forbidden fruit of firearms?
With a teacher, you *can* learn how to safely use a firearm, even for fun!
Yes
No
Unsure
Vote C
I'm an American
Vote D
GirlGuy
3
8