What are your thoughts on the Minnesota Freedom Fund bailing out alleged murderers and rapists?

mistixs
From the very beginning I was shocked at the $30+ million dollars being donated to bail funds, because they bail out rioters.

But it also turns out that aside from crimes during riots, they bailed out violent criminals such as an alleged murderer, a twice-convicted rapist, and someone who committed assault (and then went on to commit another assault after being bailed out, leaving the person with a traumatic brain injury).

***

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/09/03/kamala-harris-tweeted-support-bail-fund-money-didnt-just-assist-protestors/%3foutputType=amp

"Minneapolis television station KMSP aired a report documenting how, after receiving the donations, MFF had bailed out a number of people charged with violent crimes, including posting $100,000 for a woman accused of killing a friend and $350,000 for a twice-convicted rapist charged with kidnapping, assault and sexual assault in two separate cases...

KMSP was able to determine MFF’s involvement because defendants file a document saying the bail money should be given to MFF.
Tom Lyden, a KMSP investigative reporter, graciously provided a photo of one of those documents and other information gathered for his report.

After Lyden’s report aired, Lionel Timms, a man whom MFF bailed out on an assault charge in July, was charged with committing third-degree assault on Aug. 14, leaving the victim with a traumatic brain injury and a fractured skull."

***

This is even worse than I anticipated.

To the people who supported (or still support) the bail funds: Did you know they were bailing out rioters and violent criminals, including alleged murderers and rapists?
If so, why did you still support them?
And if not, do you still support them now that you know?
I supported the bail funds only for peaceful protesters, not for rioters or violent criminals.
I supported the bail funds for rioters, but not people convicted of murder and rape.
I support the bail funds to bail out alleged murderers and rapists.
Vote C
I never supported the bail funds, because I knew that they bailed out rioters and violent criminals, which is a risk to public safety.
Vote D
I never supported the bail funds, for another reason.
Vote E
Other
Vote F
No opinion
Vote G
GirlGuy
9 d
Another bail fund: www.bostonglobe.com/.../

"3 weeks after being freed from being held on rape charges, Level 3 sex offender Shawn McClinton faced new allegations Thursday that he kidnapped, beat, and raped a woman...

The new charges against McClinton sparked immediate criticism of the Massachusetts Bail Fund, the group that set him free... Shawn McClinton had 2 prior rape convictions."
32
2