Why are Americans so good at customer service? What are your customer service stories?

MrHopper
Speaking as some one from blighty our customer service isn't... terrible, it works and a bit of banter on the call makes it go well... but when for whatever reason I get put through to an American, although I can tell its a "smooshy smooshy fake" its actually really reassuring and helpful and you feel they listen to you.

Is it perhaps as Americans have a "performance" related pay system?

where as in the UK you can piss about all day and still get the same wage, and getting fired takes A LOT and even then you can sue them for unfair dismissal if they fuck up. Maybe its because we also more honest, if you ask some one in a restaurant if something is nice they might say "nah i dont like it, but try this" or when i was ringing to cancel my car insurance once the guy asked what my quote from the other company was. I told him and his reply was "Woaah... well i am not even going to waste your time trying to match that"
3
1