Why is it so difficult for Republicans to understand why black people won't vote for them?

Hypnos0929
I made a question a while back explaining why Republicans don't get the majority of the black vote and why they should understand it instead of just calling black people lazy, free-loading, idiots and various derogatory terms... it was basically met with Republicans calling black people lazy, free-loading, idiots and various derogatory terms.
I can't tell if Republicans are actively trying to not get the black vote or if they honestly think saying "Black people just want free stuff and they're on the Democratic Plantation" will change anyone's mind about their opinions on race.
What is so hard about understand if you want someone to vote with you then you need policies that appeal to that person (s)? I mean it's not even like Republicans have the worst possible platforms, they've even got some good advocates, but they keep pushing the black vote away like it's a plague and picking up representatives that have a terrible image with the black community.
0
8