A young lady asks the most important question of the VP debate. "If our leaders can't get along, how are the citizens supposed to get along"?

A young lady asks the most important question of the VP debate. If our leaders cant get along, how are the citizens supposed to get along?https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/living/story/meet-eighth-grade-student-asked-final-vp-debate-73504971?fbclid=IwAR1yOPSJ3KNlCxb9Q1CQP2YEDc4cYNngnnS6Jl3JNIFlIoAYpxsg9VGMi7Q
In my opinion both Kamala Harris and Mike Pence failed to answer the question. We are getting more divided everyday. And the whole act of trying to come together has been politicized as just the "value" or concern of one political school of thought. Wearing a mask has become a political issue. And even at GaG, the insanity gets worse. As folks refuse to admit we all should wear masks. . . but then claim their political enemies are trying to infect them with the virus. ?

It has become a political issue when it comes to vaccinations. But only after trump has decided which vaccinations are good and which are evil. At this point, I am expecting my choice of how I want my eggs will become a political statement soon.

But back to this eight-grader's question. It is hard to answer a question of such a young lady who is full of optimism and naivete. Of course, we should be able to debate then come together in compromise. But we are in the age of trumpism. It has been deemed a political ideology to even consider compromise. And we have one side, so committed to winning and to the total destruction of any kind of political thought outside of their narrow vision that the only response is to destroy them in return. This is coming from me. . . a former "Black" Bush Republican.

I do not see a path to reconciling. Because in order to do that, compromise must be a virtue. It must be a goal. And if only one side has that goal, then the goal does not exist.

https://www.meetup.com/CitizenAssemblyChicagoland/events/273654262/
1 mo
I just don’t think the media can be held responsible. It is always harder to convince people that they have been fooled than to just fool them. So that reveals American citizens like making bad choices. It isn’t that someone is convincing them to make bad choices. They are actively making these decisions. And they seem satisfied with the outcome.

So since that is the case and the stakes are so high why not figure out a way to divide the nation?
1
35