What are some things you think your own gender does poorly and could improve on in communication and relationships?

AmandaYVR
I'm looking for some level of awareness, objectivity, and accountability here.
It's important for others to hear that we recognize the difficulties that others face, and that no one's perfect.

Examples:

1. Accountability in relationships: I see fingerpointing instead of acknowledging that just because they're upset, does not necessarily make them more right.
Men are definitely more crude, direct, blunt, don't want to be so filtered, and hate 'walking on eggshells', which often = being less sensitive to what will upset others, but things said are not always intentional to hurt or disrespect. It can take time (and effort and energy) to have to adapt to be around females, which is very different than their peers. Females tend to be more careful, less offensive, less antagonistic, which is great. But I don't think they are often actually standing on a moral high ground. Emotions + sensitivity + expectations is a pretty lethal combination to contend with. That should be recognized.

2. Avoidant with differences of opinion or conflict: It's detrimental to everyone to not face these things more directly. (i. e. ghosting, blocking and avoiding are not long-term viable solutions to all issues.) Sometimes good can come out of facing differences, finding resolution or common ground, and repairing a divide. Avoidance accomplishes none of these. It can diffuse, which is good. Sometimes if the heat is dispelled, the rift is gone. But it can also create ice than never melts, condemning the relationship to non-existence.

3. Too many words: I don't know how the hell men say things so concisely, but they just do. It comes naturally to them. Females expect so many words, so much talking, and so much constant contact. It's not rejection (necessarily.) It's a preference, AND a biological difference. Less is more.
1 mo
Lots of good answers here. Thank you, everyone.

There was one motif that came up repeatedly, by the ladies, and I'd like to acknowledge these users who all mentioned "Expecting our partner to instinctively know what we want", "Girls tend to just expect men to read their minds. I think my gender could communicate better and actually tell men what they're thinking or why they're upset instead of getting upset when men don't automatically know."
@KatherineJ @Prettygurl12 @d1g1t4lg1rl @Meangurl
29
12