How can the UK have one of the highest rates of childhood obesity in Europe and also be in need for free meals?

GlitterFairy16
In the the UK right now the media are kicking off because the tories have voted against children having free meals in the hoildays. They are constantly telling us children are going bed hungry in the UK without out any proof yet the statistics say UK has one of the highest rates of childhood obesity in Europe... 🤔 I wonder how that one works?

Whenever i see these families on the news there all wearing Nike or Adidas, have iPhones and sky TV... I don't known but maybe these children are going bed hungry because there parents have more money than sense and would rather pay for their phone contracts over feeding their kids properly. These families had more than i had growing up. I lived off beans on toast and had plastic garden furniture as indoor furniture.

Anyone who lives out in the real world in the UK outside of lovely lefty village (London) knows no one is going hungry in the UK and most these "struggle mum's" igoing down the food banks in their land drovers don't actually look as if their skipping meals. Its the fact they expect others to take responsibility for their children and believe the world owns them something for nothing.

It was their choice to have a child not the governments. If they not willing to take responsibility for them they shouldn't have had them. My solution would be that the government put money into teaching these families how to manage their money better than they have nothing to complain about. No one who was grate with money was also poor. Knowing the leftys they'd say it was patronising because it threatens victimhood.

The left are all about supporting the working class until they get educated and start to voice a opinion that differs from there's.
1 mo
I was speaking to a lady the other day who works at one of these food banks. She offered me one of the cans of fizzy pop she collects for the food bank she helps at. Im sorry but i don't see how fizzy pop is a essential part of someones diet when water is free and comes out of taps in the UK
1 mo
How much i toast to feed one child

7xTesco beans 30p, Warburtons white bread £1.05, Butter £1.49, Pilgrims Choice Extra Mature Cheddar 350G £2.39, Tesco Semi Skimmed Milk 1.13L/2 Pints
80p, Tesco Large Free Range Eggs 6 Pack
£1.10., Tesco Gala Apple Minimum 5 Pack
£1.60, Tesco Chocolate & Caramel Ice Cream Sticks 3X110ml £1, Tesco British Pork Wafer Thin Honey Roast Ham 125G £2 =£13.53

Minimum wage per week £352 before tax- £13.53 =£338. 47 plus benefits left over to pay for other expenses
25
4