How do you make amends when you hurt another persons feelings... with just being who you are?

This is true in relationship but in society as well. We step on each others toes (or worse) just by being who we are. The emotional parts don't mess for we all have been wounded in life and conditioned. Obvious examples from society...
* Statues of slave owners and people whose ancestors were abused by them.
* Wanting something in life but doesn't mesh with your partners emotions/needs/direction
* Beliefs in dieties
* One person wants to hand out Halloween candy because... it's fun and what they always did. But were in a pandemic and that could get a lot of people killed if it goes badly.

What is your process to make amends and live in peace with your fellow humans? One has to be able to reach across the "void" with compassion and generosity without discrediting their own self and views. We are not seeing that demonstrated in our media. Our society so often feels like "winners and losers" and that doesn't seem healthy to me.

Is there a process you go through? I can be honest to say... I have no training in how to do this... a very basic function in human life, and there is no training I know of.
2
2