Do you think that life was better in the 20th century before we had smartphones and social media?

superderpy
I spend quite a bit of time thinking about this, I was born in the early 90’s but I still remember a decent amount from that decade. It just seems like things were better back then before technology got more advanced and permanently reshaped society. Smartphones didn’t exist yet and the only thing that mobile phones of the 80’s and 90’s could do is make phone calls, nothing else. Computers and video game consoles weren’t very advanced yet either and didn’t have even half the capabilities that today’s computers and consoles have, so everyone used to just watch TV or play outside for the most part. There was also no social media, so no one was concerned about taking pics that would look good on Instagram or trying to get a lot of likes or followers from what you post. I also feel like people got along better back then since there was no online platforms to have arguments on and insult each other over politics or whatever other topic, and there was more of a sense of community since no one had a pocket sized device that they could stare into and be absorbed by. Everyone just had to talk to each other interact instead of staring into a smartphone screen.
0
4