Have you ever cried on purpose to gain sympathy, or win an argument?

AmandaYVR
I'm making anonymous available on this one. This gives the opportunity for some people to admit to it. There is the idea out there that this is sometimes done. But how often?

If you think you have experienced someone do this, how can you tell the tears were not genuine?
Later that night, she invited him back to her place, came onto him, and wanted to have sex, which they did. He said, "How could I resist a girl who cried?" Yep. It does garner sympathy, doesn't it?
In this particular case, it was not a problem. They barely knew each other and it wasn't to get sympathy or win an argument, not at all. But he was curious what happened. They were at a karaoke bar. He theorizes maybe it was a particular song that triggered some sad memory.
I'm asking this because I just had a conversation with my husband about it. His friend is single, has dated throughout his twenties, and somewhat now into his forties. He said he was out on a date with a girl once, and she started crying out of nowhere. He asked her a few times why, but she wouldn't answer, didn't want to talk about it.
Yes I have done this.
No I have never done this.
GirlGuy
1 mo
So GAG reversed my last paragraph yet again.
It should read:
"I'm asking this because..."
"In this particular case..."
"Later that night..."

Anyone else often have this problem?
42
24