In a binary political system do you vote for the person that matches up with your beliefs or do you vote for somebody who doesn’t match?

Yes we can always vote third-party there are third parties in the United States but they don’t win at all it’s a joke you might as will not vote at all in the United States

We have a binary choice you can vote for Democrats or you can vote for Republicans and you vote for whatever party Matches best with what you believe and what you support, and just because you agree more with one side then the other doesn’t mean that you agree with everything the side says or does.

im going to use my self as an example, I disagree with abortion I think it’s wrong to kill an unborn human I don’t believe then men can be women, I think a slower transition away from fossil fuel is a better way of dealing with climate change rather then a radical shift to the economy and infrastructure that coast trillions aka the green new deal. Mostly republicans ideas and priorities. Where i differ is I do support gay marriage I’m not religious even though I support religious rights and I support the legalization of marijuana (which Republicans are starting to get on board with). Beyond that I’m more libertarian on most issues Like I don’t think the government should be involved in peoples relationships why should the government be involved in your marriage I don’t think that the government should be giving you a tax benefit just for slapping a ring out somebody’s finger regardless if it’s gay or straight marriage government should be out of their relationship and out of the marriage there shouldn’t even be a document saying that you’re legally married. Another one is Government subsidies to places like oil companies and the Greene energy companies, I don’t think the government should be subsidizing them. Ultimately if we had a strong Libertarian party I’ll be voting libertarian but in a binary system where we have an option of voting for a Democrat or Republican or throwing away our vote I tend to vote Republican because they line up with my believes more than the Democrat party.
1
4