Do you think the body positivity movement is a bad thing?

luckyinloveandlife
Here is a crazy one for you, I think people need to be told when they are gaining a bit of weight. The people around you that love you need to hold you accountable. This body positivity movement is promoting obesity and morbid obesity on covers of magazines, in social media and in advertising. This passive mindset of it being okay that there are a lot of overweight people is having deadly side affects. It also creates a brainwashed unhealthy person that never takes accountability.
I would know, I used to be one. Until someone I loved told me that I needed to get healthy.
Yes
No
On the fence
Vote C
GirlGuy
1 mo
Hi all! I invite you to read my MY Take, as I speak specifically about my story. Without as much detail about how/why I was so heavy. Please understand that I am the woman pictured, I have been through more trauma than I care to write about. But, I won’t be a victim. My bad health was my fault. Now that I am healthy I am happy to say that my good health is also my fault! I am not asking people to attack others, but to simply have those difficult conversations with the people in your life.
50
25