Should America implement universal healthcare?

StarryCrossing
A large chunk of the world has it, but America is late to the party.
I think it’s kinda bizarre that you need to get healthcare through your employer because it’s so expensive, but that’s just me.
Why or why not should we implement it?
Parts of the world with universal healthcare
Yes, America should implement universal healthcare. (Why?)
No, America should NOT implement universal healthcare. (Why not?)
GirlGuy
1 mo
More people seem to be for this, even conservatives.

It’s crazy to me that you either can just die because you can’t afford surgery, or pay several hundred a month for mediocre medical insurance.

This is one of the reasons I want to go to Canada. At least if I get sick I don’t have to worry about paying thousands of dollars to get my appendix removed if I don’t have insurance. Or get it through your employer. That’s another dumb concept.
1 mo
Thanks for all the input.

I don’t know why Americans are so against not having to pay their high health insurance bills just so they’re covered if a health emergency comes up.

It’s sad that people are dying in their death bed, asking “who’s going to pay for the medical bills” while they’re laying up there dying.

That should be illegal and nobody should have to worry about money while they’re laying in bed dying.
57
12