Did you hear about the whole r/wallstreetbets situation?

Lynx122
This crazy subreddit where people yolo invest all of their money had a new idea. They all invested in stocks of companies that everyone thinks are going bankrupt to fuck over hedge funds. They assumed some people were going to short these stocks (bet that they sink) and by driving up the price they fucked a lot of rich wall street bankers out of their money. They're doing damage in the billions.

It is kind of brilliant. I probably would have gone along for the ride but I don't have any money atm and I only heard of it now when the gamestop stock is already at 300 dollars. I'm not gonna buy into a stock that is already pumped up to the max.
This is what it looks like it went from 17 bucks to over 300 in a few days. One guy on this subreddit made 15 million dollars of this but he's not gonna sell the stock because the whole point is to drive the price up. It's a pretty crazy story they're probably gonna make a movie about this some day. And a funny thing is the guy who the movie The Big Short was made about had a ton of game stop stocks and if he kept them the whole way he would have made 500 million dollars off this.
1
20