Why do Turks want to claim themselves as European?

Anonymous
So I know this Turkish girl who so obsessively want to show everyone that she is European. I absolutely have no clue why she is trying so hard on it. When she talks with an Asian she would say things like "You Asians...", "Is it so in Asia?", "Here in Europe it's..." etc.

I once got involved in an argument with her after she acted rude to a Filipino guy. She called him a "Stupid Asian." I lost my patience and said, "Stupid Asian? Then what are you? You're the one who is stupid enough to not know about your own origins. Whether you like to accept it or not you are Asian too. I know that some 1% of your country is in Europe, but Europe doesn't count your country as a part of Europe. Even your ancestors are Asians. Stop being so rude and dramatic, I don't see anything bad about anyone being Asian."

She has a friend who is also Turkish, and she is no different. I met a few Turkish guys too but they were nice and weren't mean like those girls.

I have nothing against Turkey or Turks. Your country is a beautiful place, and I know that many Turks are friendly people, but I just don't understand what's the hype about trying to prove yourselves as European, especially when someone behaves like this.
6
12