Do you like your country, its history, its culture?

JulieLamar
Personally, I really like my country, its history, its culture.

I will quote the sentence of Anatole France

If my nation could speak it would say

"See; I am old, but I am beautiful; my pious children have embroidered on my dress towers, steeples, jagged gables and belfries. I am a good mother; I teach work and all the arts of peace. I feed my children in my arms. Then, their task done, they go, one after the other, to sleep at my feet, under this grass where the sheep graze. They pass away; but I remain to keep their memory. I am their memory. That is why they owe me everything, because man is man only because he remembers. My cloak has been torn and my breast pierced in wars. I have received wounds that were said to be fatal. But I have lived because I have hoped. Learn from me this holy hope that saves the fatherland. Think in me to think beyond yourselves. Look at this fountain, this hospital, this market that the fathers bequeathed to their sons. Work for your children as your forefathers worked for you. Each of my stones brings you a benefit and teaches you a duty. See my cathedral, see my common house, see my Hôtel-Dieu and venerate the past".
26
4