Are you able to easily separate your ethics and your personal dislikes from what you think should be rights and laws?

MCheetah
As in, can you dislike something, but still think people should be allowed to do it in a free society?

For example, on my end; I VEHEMENTLY dislike fake lesbians who con and screw over (simp) men, aka 'bisexuals.' But people should be allowed to have that choice in a free society, even if I find it disgusting and treacherous to men (and open lesbians) who get swindled by lesbians who act "straight" when they need some money from you. Or to the gay men who don't like being called "gay" even though they're clearly into dick. They're mind-screwing women who think they're with heterosexual men, but are actually dating gay men "who don't like labels." I really dislike both of these kinds of dishonest gay people. But I wouldn't try to make their lifestyles illegal or anything.

Same exact views on polyamory/open relationships, and transgenders. You can be trans or be an adulterer; I just don't personally agree with it. I would fully vote for laws that allow such freedoms (that didn't interfere with other people's rights), and vote against laws that tried to suppress such freedoms, but I personally don't agree with these lifestyle choices.

The same also would apply to marijuana. I can't STAND stoner culture and think it's one of the biggest signs of a loser in society, but if smoking and alcohol are free in society (which are just as bad as pot), why shouldn't marijuana also be legal?

So I am referring to things like this. Think about hot-button issues like abortion, gay marriage, etc. Can you separate your personal feelings on something from whether or not people should be allowed to be/have them or not?
Yes; I can separate my personal tastes from what should be laws and rights.
No; they're one in the same.
GirlGuy
2
7