Girlfriend’s uncle died of Covid because he didn’t get vaccinated. How do I convince people this is a serious issue?

thotmas97
This morning my girlfriend went to her uncles funeral. She was really torn up about his death. Personally, I only met him just over a month ago, when I went with her family to a casino. He seemed perfectly healthy then, although he was overweight. A week later I learned he tested positive for Covid. Two weeks after that he was in a coma, and two weeks after that he was dead. It was shockingly sudden.

I didn’t know him super well, the only thing I could tell about his personality it that he was fairly friendly, when he wasn’t talking about politics. He was very right wing. Now I don’t really care, half of my family is the same way, but I knew he was the only one who didn’t get vaccinated because he thought it was a liberal hoax. He literally ranted about it on the way to the hotel to his wife while me and my girlfriend were in the backseat. So of course I realized the irony when he got Covid after that trip. But then it got much worse, and dumbass died. His kid hasn’t even graduated high school, and I only met her once as well. My girlfriend has been crying about it for over a week now, apparently they were close growing up.

So needless to say, I’ve been getting really annoyed seeing people refuse to get vaccinated. People talking about microchips and government conspiracies and I just watched someone die because he was obsessed with that stupid shit. I didn’t even care that much about it beforehand, but seeing it firsthand, and seeing a significant number of people outright refuse to acknowledge the viruses existence or spread baseless crap about the vaccine, I just don’t know how to convince people that this is a problem. I don’t know shit about virology. I’m not a medical professional. But I don’t want anyone else to go through what my girlfriend went through, and I don’t know what argument is going to reach these people.
3
16