Why do the Europeans submit so much to the Usa?

Julielamar2
At the end of the First World War, the poet Paul Valéry said this

"Europe visibly aspires to be governed by an American commission"

Most recently one of the most important ministers in my country said this in Biden's election

"As a child, I lived in the United States for a year. At school, I sang the American anthem there. Deeply European, I can never listen to it without intense emotion. Today especially, afterwards these four years "

Moreover, there was immense joy in Europe on the part of the newspapers and European elites at the election of Biden. As if the Europeans find their dad.

The European elites dream of being able to belong to the Western Empire.

I am not accusing the United States of anything, they are defending their interests and they are right. And of course we must not forget that it was the Europeans who called on the Americans for help. But I wonder why Europeans have relinquished power and greatness since World War II, and how it is that European elites are such a fascinated by the USA, every time an American president comes into my country I have the impression that we are witnessing the resurrection of Christ 🤣
22
1