If the fight for the environment we live in will be the great struggle for "Millennials", is the coronavirus pandemic the first battle in that war?

Ad_Quid_Orator
Many have made parallels between the greatest generation and the "Millennial" generation because both came of age in times of economic hardship and uncertainty. Others have scoffed at this comparison by talking about how millennials want everything handed out to them by the "nanny state" and how they're living at home with their parents while the greatest generation was out fighting a war. These claims ignore some basic facts like how the only time in US history that more young adults were living with their parents was during the Great Depression and during that time, the administrative enacted more social security measures than any other administration had done since.People who make the aforementioned comparison say that the fight against climate change will be the struggle for the "millennial" generation in the way WWII was the struggle for the greatest generation. Another comparison that has been brought to light is that just as fascist regimes were coming to power prior to WWII, over the past decade or so right-wing groups have been driving a global shift towards authoritariansm. Now it may not seem like a pandemic would have much to do with climate change, this one came about as a consequence of loosening of laws aimed at wildlife protection so it does fall under the broader category of environmentalism. So do you think that the coronavirus pandemic will go down as the first battle in the "War for Our World". Also, I put Millennials in quotes because 'Millennial' traditionally refers to Gen Y but a lot of what I said doesn't pertain to early Millennials but it does pertain to at least the first half of Gen Z. But let's get real, the lines between Gen X, Y and Z were drawn by meaningless 15-year time increments. in my opinion, the 07/08 collapse and the pandemic should define a generation that came to age during/between these events (born ~1987-2004). Welcome to Gen Ω.
If the fight for the environment we live in will be the great struggle for "Millennials", is the coronavirus pandemic the first battle in that war?
Add Opinion