Why is it such a bad idea to move in with boyfriend/girlfriend after college without being married?

Anonymous
My parents think that my boyfriend and I should be married or planning on getting married before we even THINK about moving in together. We're both in our early-mid 20s, so we're pretty young. Both our parents are from different countries and married young...

I see it this way, we both are responsible adults with starter careers, I don't plan having children and we both pretty much want to complete grad-school within the next 3-4 years before we get married. We talk about it, but we don't see any point in rushing into it. Why would you wait until you are married to move in with a person, without seeing how they REALLY are?

I think that our parents' old-fashioned ways are putting our freedom on hold. We are trying to explain to them that we want to live together as a couple before marraige. A lot of people do it, marraige is just a title, and eventually we would like to have that title, but not right away. What do you think? Do you think it is wiser to wait until marriage or before?
2
1