12 d

College Sports Rules Need To Be Changed: Play Like A Pro (NFL should NOT adopt NCAA rules on pass interference and DBs.)

Yads_Is_Back

One thing that makes a big difference in college sports vs. pro sports is the crazy differences in the rules. These are all major memorable examples over the past few years.

Example 1: Tua Tagovailoa's Injury

If this incident had happened in the NFL, it would've been clipping. The one guy actually grabbed Tua's leg calf and yanked it. They just took Tua out of the whole rest of the season to watch the Iron Bowl fail and also for his injury to affect the start of his NFL draft, but they didn't do anything to those guys who clipped him.
Clipping should be just as serious in NCAA as it is in the NFL.

Example 2: The 1-Second Snap in the Iron Bowl

This whole game was bull. There were so many penalties on Auburn that got declined even in the first half. Bama's WR got like 13 penalties by himself before half-time, and he wasn't removed from the game! On top of that, the kicker got death threats for like the whole rest of the season. (He deserved it but whatever lol) If this had been pro football, wow what a difference it would make.
The 3-second snap should be the same in college and pro.

Example 3: Johnson takes Arizona downfield after getting up.

This is an example of what it SHOULD be like. In college football they would've called it a dead play. 😒 If you're gonna be a pro then you need to play like a pro.
Plays should not end dead when the player carrying the ball is still playing.

#gohardorgohome !

My point: We should be moving forward, not backward. Let's move from ams to pros, not the other way around!

The only thing I think is understandable to transfer is the overtime rules. Sports fans, do you like the OT rules in NCAA or NFL better? I think those of NCAA make more sense and are much more fair, since in NFL OT is chance on who gets the toss and in the pros you get ties, which is kind-of pointless, especially when even in the playoffs and title games they eliminate that possibility.

Recently NFL authorities have actually been debating changing the rules up to more like the college squad, especially with pass interference and defense. NO!!! What do you sports fans of GAG think?

P.S. I think I'm gonna start doing sports takes just for fun, so let me know what you think!

12
4

Most Helpful Girls

• Very nice take... But I haven't really watched any sports games since hubby passed... Last time was probably the Super bowl three months after he passed in 2013... Me and my older daughter watched it and when the team she was rooting for lost, I swear she acted just like he woulda 😂😂 You seem very knowledgeable about sports, he woulda loved talking sports with you, tho he mighta made your ears bleed..
    I once tried to take more interest in his interests, so asked him to explain the game and 😱😱 HOURS later I was like 🙉🙉 lololol and men say women can talk a lot? Get a man taking about sports and they'll never stop 😂😂 great take tho 💜💙👍
    Is this still revelant?
  • KeziL
    As someone who goes to bama I appreciate that two out of your three points involved us lol
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guys

• nodnol32
    This is the strangest thing I've ever come across. I never imagined college and professional sport having different rules. Here in Britain, I've played rugby, cricket and football with the exact same rules as they are in the professional version.
    Doesn't this complicate things for them lot with the ambitions of becoming pro in the sports you've mentioned?
    Is this still revelant?
    • Yeah. There are many athletes who are excellent in a college sport then go pro and they're like toddlers and quickly get removed. And also vice versa; there are some great ones in pro who sucked in college and were lucky to be drafted, but that's part of why spectators study the draft so much.

• NYCQuestions1976
    This was a really good Take. I'm a baseball and football fan, and I've got a lot of gripes over the rules in baseball and both versions of football (college and professional). Far too many to get into right now (we'd be here for an eternity). 😂

Also, nice new profile picture! 👍
    Is this still revelant?
    • Thanks
      And so do I! I love MLB. How much you wanna bet we both have the same gripes?

• Okay let's see. These annoy me (in the guise of "speeding up" the game):

No more "actual" intentional walks, 3 batter minimums for relievers, and the runner on 2nd base in extra innings (supposedly that one is just this year).

I don't want full robotic strike zones, but I think each team should be allowed to challenge two ball/strike calls per game (one when hitting, one when pitching).

• They've been talking about changing the doubleheader rule since Jeter retired, and they haven't made any progress. They're all smack :P

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

210
  • Pro players get paid millions so rules apply differently to them as it should.

The immense majority of college student sport star would never put on a NFL jersey because they aren't good enough nor have the talent to be held to higher standards unlike the pros.
    • So what do you think of the OT rules?

• Pro OT rules are better.

• So you enjoy ties?

• Jjpayne
    It's fun to be taught sports by a girl. To me, I don't see it happen too much... Or at least I don't notice it much...

Please do a sports series! That would be so awesome!
    My brain says most sports questions on here are asked by guys... But I could be wrong and I probably am. 😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • Iron_Man
    Actually what happened was two guys tackled Tua Tagovailoa all at once from behind sacking the quarterback While he was scrambling and they both fell on top of him crushing his hip causing a very serious injury where he had to have season ending surgery. And to this very day Is the reason why he doesn’t start he’s a back up for the Miami Dolphins because they don’t wanna rush Tua along too quickly. He will be there franchise quarterback in the future
  • dataminemebby
    I do like the NFL rules mostly, as for OT I feel like college rules inflate the scores a bit too much... Maybe just keep going until a team fails to match a score.
  • OlderAndWiser
    I am surprised that a girl in Puerto Rico is so interested in college and pro football, and apparently so knowledgeable!
  • bklynbadboy1
    Wow! You've really impressed me! 😂 I never met a girl that's into sports at least not a pretty one
  • Gwenhwyfar
    Don’t know much about this, but these all sound like good ideas. Imma ask my friend. She loves football.
  • KingdomForAKiss
    Great mytake, Yads!! I watched the first video several times and I can't figure it out from those angles. But these are great observations and I agree with you. Nice!!
  • BoobMan
    The college pass interference rule of a 15 yard penalty is way to light. You'd ALWAYS interfere on a deep pass with that in place. The pro rule is clearly better.
  • Nayyr
    I don't know anything about football, but I do agree that college sports should adapt more towards the big leagues than vice versa.
  • Wise4myage
    The pro rule I hate the most, is the five yard ticky tack defensive holding. Its such BS.
  • msc545
    Thanks to Covid-19, college sports are basically dead for now. :( :(