This is Hurling, Ireland's national sport. What do you think of it?

Would you like to play it? Do you think you would be able? Does it look to rough?
I'm interested in people's opinions.
I started playing it at 9yrs of age. Don't play it anymore though.

To answer a few questions i'm posting a video that explains some of the rules and objectives.
This is an Amateur sport. The players are not paid to play. All the players have day jobs. It takes a huge commitment for training etc.
It's origins go back to Celtic times, it was a way to train and toughen young warriors for battle. The balls, those days, were made from the boiled down brains of an enemy whose head was cut off in battle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmzivRetelE

722

Most Helpful Girls

• Wow I have never heard of Hurling! I’m now bound to go try and play! It looks sooooo fun! I love a bunch of sports like rugby and hockey. Hurling is like an awesome combo of a lot of cool sports! Thanks for sharing!

Most Helpful Guys

• damn i never heard about this game, i sure would try it

• Now I just wanna go back to Ireland 😭