What do you think is the “hardest” sport to play? In your opinion?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Probably combat sports or football, because the toll on the body and consequences after competing for even a relatively short amount of time, can be life altering forever. I’ve trained combat sports from karate when I was younger, a bit of Muay Thai, and recently Jiujitsu. I haven’t competed seriously in these events due to a mixture of procrastination and disinterest. When it comes to martial arts, it’s hard to be “safe” because the main goal is to strike and inflict damage upon another person’s body and no is ever too good to where they don’t incur any injury at all. So included in this list would be

•boxing
    •jiujitsu
    •Muay Thai
    •kickboxing
    •rugby
    •wrestling
    •football

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I have no problems with playing any sport. What I have problems with is the expectation from other people that I should follow the rules - for example in tennis I can only allow the ball to bounce once, I must hit it over the net, and it has to land inside the lines. These rules make things far to difficult to actually enjoy it

0|0
    1|2
  • Wrestling. I used to wrestle, it's got tougher thanks to the transgender guys that are allowed to wrestle us.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 75

• all of them, really. The difficulty of any sport is decided by the competition. And if it's "easy" for you then it's "easy" for them, too.

The difficulty is not the sport, but to do it better than your competition.

But all that said, I'd probably say hockey..

0|0
    0|0
  • As of not too long ago Girls Wrestling, because there are trangender assholes that enter the competition. Like this fool below What do you think is the “hardest” sport to play? In your opinion?

1|0
    0|0
  • The hardest to play. That's an interesting question.
    Some sports are easy to play but hard to win.
    Then some sports are hard but you don't really play them, you do them. Like you don't play swimming or athletics. You compete at them. They aren't games, they are just competitions.
    You don't really play boxing or martial arts either.
    It's probably American football. It's difficult to get a run of play actually going.

0|0
    0|0
  • Golf, you can land a perfect hit and only be a few feet from the hole, then overshoot it and get stuck in the rough. You can be ahead by 5 strokes on the final tee, and knock it out of bounds, go 6 over and lose. It's the most frustrating sport in the world, the only one that's anywhere near as frustrating is racing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hi... i believe every sports need hard work, concentration and dedication to achieve goal. Its not like that only physical movement sports are difficult to play i have found that many sports persons say it is very easy to play with your body move but very difficult to play brain games such as Chess.
    personally i feel Kick-Boxing is difficult to play, i mean this game is meant for everyone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Rugby, You can't tap out when you get knocked down and you have to keep playing without calling a time out or act like little cry babies footballplayers do

0|0
    0|0
  • To me, it has to walking in the Olympics. The discipline needed to control mind and body must be tremendous.
    All sports need very strong mental discipline. Everything is won and lost in your head, before anything else.

0|0
    0|0
  • Anything that requires a team, because you aren't in control of the entire team. Possibly the Decathlon.

0|0
    0|0
  • When you say "hardest" i assume you mean toughest, most physically challenging, riskiest to life etc... there's a few... for example Motor Sports, Air Sports... any that involve an engine and speed. But in terms of field sports then no sport can compete with the fastest field sport in the world... Hurling. its Irish n is VERY dangerous and has origins goung back over a 1000 years. As Jason Stateham said..."hurling is a cross between hockey and murder'.

1|0
    0|0
  • Basketball, tennis and baseball. I will say basketball is the hardest though. It takes a lot of skill to be able to play it good especially at a pro level.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of sports I was a part of. Wrestling or gymnastics. Both were crazy in training and mental focus needed.
    Of ones I have just watched. Australian rules football.

0|0
    0|0
  • most definitely anything where you're in the water, be it water polo, volleyball, swimming, ballet...

0|0
    0|0
  • definitely lax. the skill level to play is hard enough. then throw in the fact that you get straight waxed...

0|0
    0|0
  • Any combat sport. Especially ones that involve striking like boxing, muay thai, MMA. It's partly the reason I love it. You're in there on your own, beating the shit out of each other, in front of a large audience, some of them screaming for you to get knocked unconscious which is the purpose of the "game". You have to ignore pain, dig deep when you're tired and the other guy is still trying to knock your head off. Then if you lose only you lose, and it hurts. Most likely your face is covered with bruises and grazes. Maybe you break a hand. If you get caught with a good shot on the jaw it's sore for about a week afterwards.

Some here are saying soccer, compare the two. In soccer you're part of a team. You're not solely to blame if you lose. And it doesn't hurt, you're just kicking an air filled ball around a field.

0|0
    0|0
  • every sport is hard in its own regard but in my opinion skateboarding is one of if not the hardest sports.

0|0
    0|0
  • Great question. It has to be one of the martial arts, but which one I cannot say.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably any form of martial arts. Since there's a high probability of getting your ass kicked. 😆

0|0
    0|0
  • Boxing because if you don't know what you're doing you can get your ass knocked out. Plus you better get good real fast as well

0|0
    0|0
  • Each has it's own requirements to excel. Nothing is really accomplished by trying to set standards for "hardness" or "difficulty" in baseball, golf, MMA, beach volleyball, gymnastics, biathlon, badminton, at nauseum. And some people just won't excel in certain sports due to genetics. East Africans (Kenya, Ethiopia, etc.)- for example- have more "slow-twitch" muscles fibers making those peoples more adept at long-distance running. But they would usually get beaten by those with "fast-twitch" muscles in short distance "dash" races.
    Maybe we should just appreciate and honor those who excel in which ever sport they chose to participate.

0|0
    0|0
  • Darts. The only sport that requires mad maths skills.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is no absolute.

Chess
    Karate
    Rugby
    Golf

These are all similarly hard and difficult to master. But you need different skills for each.

0|0
    0|0
  • Someone once said water polo because of the treading water for so long... not sure

0|1
    0|0
    • having tried water polo i can say it is insanely difficult due to all the treading

• Trying to be an adult when you're just a kid. YOU are just a kid.

0|0
    0|0
  • very very hardest

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely not your mom, a 6 year old with ass cancer, osteoporosis and hiv stamped on his for head could play that game for hours!

0|0
    0|1
  • Kickball or soccer without
    any legs would be extremely
    hard to play.

0|0
    0|0
  • Golf. It would take everything in me to not drop from boredom.

0|0
    0|0
  • American Ninja warrior. It's not a sport. More like a competition which requires hard work.

0|0
    0|0
  • Soccer, to be a professional it takes a little Luck

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 24

• I will always say horses. Our equipment has a mind of its own, and you can die if you fuck up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Kickboxing.

I've done swimming, basketball, running, horseback riding and boxing.

Kickboxing was the hardest, you use every muscle in your body equally.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cricket. Hard because who can even figure out what the rules are? Most confusing sport.

0|0
    0|0
  • MMA and all that. Its both physically and mentally challenging on intense levels.

0|0
    0|0
  • no such a thing, it really depends on your abilities
    eg. if you are really tall you may be good at swimming race unlike those that are short

0|0
    0|0
  • Luge, I saw it on TV during the Winter Olympics last year and it looks very difficult.

0|0
    0|0
  • To me anything that requires good coordination is impossible. I’ll just stick to running😂

0|0
    0|0
  • I was a softball player; my husband played baseball. I'd say hitting a ball is the hardest thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dance.

0|0
    0|0
  • Table Tennis

0|0
    0|0
  • Mine

0|0
    2|6
  • Hockey. Rugby. Boxing.

0|0
    0|0
  • The underground ones

0|0
    0|0
  • Shuffleboard

0|0
    0|0
  • Shopping bargain looking for dials.

0|1
    1|1
  • Basketball for sure

0|1
    0|0
  • Rock Climbing or Badminton

0|0
    0|0
  • Gymnastics

0|0
    0|0
  • i suck at baseball

0|0
    0|0
  • Love

0|0
    2|3
  • The question includes martial sports too?

0|0
    0|0
  • Golf I think

0|0
    0|0
  • Ski jumping/flying seems quite hard, looking at the leaning and stuff.
    Other than that, maybe golf, MMA and those sports.

0|0
    0|0
    • Ski jumping is surprisingly easy but I only did 15m jumps. I dont know what the professional standard is but looks like 100m or something.

• @TheLorde Really?
      It looks incredibly hard, judging on how tense/stiff they look and the angle.
      Cool to hear though that it's easier than it looks :)

• 1|1
    1|0

Recommended myTakes