NFL fans: The first round of the 2021 NFL Draft is TONIGHT! Who is your favorite team, and what players do you want to see your team pick?

WhiteSteve
My team is the New England Patriots [pause for boos, lmao], and it’s been a long time since the draft has been a huge deal for our team and fanbase (I’m going refer to that as “us/we”... don’t be that guy who’s like “us? Do you play for the team? Hurrrrr durrrrr...”🙄)

Anyway, after 20 years we’re in the market for a quarterback, but to be honest, I don’t love the prospects (besides Trevor Lawrence who will certainly go #1 to Jacksonville) to move up very far to get them. You can’t swing and miss on first rounders, and you DEFINITELY can’t swing and miss on first round QBs, that sets your franchise back five years, and that’s probably all we have left with Belichick at the helm. So I think the 49ers will make Jimmy Garoppolo available in a trade once they draft a QB at #3. He’s been here before and knows our offense, and he’s at least a known quantity, I’m more comfortable with that.

I think the best play is to stay at #15 and let a Top 10 player fall to us when all the QB-thirsty teams rush for quarterbacks who mostly aren’t Top 10 overall players in the draft.

Ideally, I think we should get a cornerback to replace Stephon Gilmore when he leaves next year (or is maybe traded this year). Patrick Surtain II will probably be off the board, so my next choice is Jaycee Horn, but I’d be pretty stoked to get Caleb Farley as well, he’s going to be a stud, maybe is even the best CB in the draft, but he’s already had two back surgeries...Could also go with linebacker Micah Parsons, I think Dont’a Hightower is winding his career down. Really like this guy, plays fast and aggressive.If we do go the “sexy” route and move up to get a QB... tough choice between Justin Fields and Trey Lance. Fields is NFL-ready, or would be soon. He’s tough as nails, I love that, and he’s pretty accurate. I feel like his pocket awareness needs work though, he gets sacked when he shouldn’t sometimes. Trey Lance... real exciting upside, but I’ll always be nervous about an FCS QB.
5 mo
Welcome to New England, Mac Jones!!!

https://youtu.be/-fhttS706yc

All the intel was saying he’d be taken at #3, so I had barely considered him, thought we were looking at Fields or Lance. He fell right into our lap at #15, didn’t have to spend any draft capital to get him, so it would’ve been pretty crazy to not take a chance on him. Watching some more film on Mac, he had the best receivers in the NCAA, they got open, but his ball placement is excellent. Ready to roll with Big Mac! Go Pats!
3
2