Why is Apple Still a Leading Brand?

Hello and welcome guys! This is a my third tak and I'm wuite excited! I am clearly stating that I am not an Apple fan.

Why is Apple Still a Leading Brand?

1) Status Symbol/Confidence booster

Call apple an expensive shit or waste of money but the people who love pomp and show generally choose it over other brands. Because not everyone could afford the latest Iphone. You might find this silly but Many people would think twice and check their budget whether they could buy the Iphone 8, 8 plus or X. So it pretty much symbolises your status and you can't deny that apple has some unique chutzpah in it!

Why is Apple Still a Leading Brand?

3) No solid reason to dump apple

Okay, so this is mainly for the people who will disagree with me. What will you write against apple? It's expensive? C'mon just agred to it that Apple targets mainly rich segment. Now what? Low Ram? Believe it or not but even an year old 5s would work smoother than a new Oppo/Vivo which comes with 2GB RAM. Now what? Inexpandable memory? Buy a 256 GB variant and use more than 100 GB of cloud spaces too. Restrictions? Yeah that's the point I could agree for a while but it's consumers buy Iphone because it's Iphone. Moreover, the person who needs to use it just for basic purposes doesn't care of those things.

Why is Apple Still a Leading Brand?

3) Quality

Apple charges such high amount but it's quality is likewise too. It won't hang easily, won't explode as of Samsung Note 7😂 Apple's a trusted brand. You can compare a even a Macbook with others. It's more reliable than it's other competitors.

Why is Apple Still a Leading Brand?

4) Experience

The key to Apple's success doesn't lie in the features but in the experience it provides. Haters will say that other brands provide the same features at such low costs but they can't match the experience which Apple gives you. Weren't the wireless charging and face scanner available before Iphone X? but only a few people used it. It will become common as heck after it will launch just wait. Every other person will have a phone with wireless charging. Its photo effects and camera quality is damn amazing. The face scanner of Iphone X is so accurate that it could even scan your face in the dark. It has the toughest glass ever used in a smartfone, fastest processor ever used in a smartfone.

At last I'd say No matter what, haters gonna hate it.

Why is Apple Still a Leading Brand?

Thanks for reading!

Hope you liked it!!

2851
Halucinator is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• They're a fashion statement, they keep the price of their kit artificially high which makes it a status symbol, so people get into huge 24 month contracts to pay off the phone. Most of that is powered by marketing and putting form/design over function.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Man the samsung S8 is $725 and they offer 24 month financing as well. How is that any different? It's not just Apple.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 28

• Apple products are too expensive, it isn't reasonable pricing. I use a Samsung galaxy, and while its good, I still think its overpriced.

Brands lile Huawei and LG offer similar features at a way lower cost. That being said, I dont use my phone for anything fancy.

• I already said that apple's strength isn't about specs, instead it's quite bad at it. It's power is to enhance the experience of pre- existing specs

• I have an apple phone and it can hold charge no can it connect to internet well. It's sad that my old phone was better. I personally never had a sansung before. It's probably only more popular because apple is American made and Sansung is foreign. But please choose what best fit you instead of what's popular

• Apple is shit. Thats all there is to it and if you like apple products its because you're incredibly gullible and have fallen for the apple scheme.

• lmao I didn't say that I love em I just wanted to go through why is it still a leader

• Apples WAS innovative in the beginning, but they have lost their way and now follow android phones and add a little function to make them slightly different (whilst removing something from the hardware of course), but slap a huge price on it.

It is a case of brand loyalty and people don't like change or to be shown they're wrong. The more people tell Apple consumers that they're stupid for buying from them, the more they're going to go against them, rather than accept they may be a little naive for buying their stuff anymore.

iPhones have possibly the worst battery life. I do not know a single person with an iPhone that does not have their phone charger with them. In college, the iPhone users were connected to a wall in every lesson - but people just get used to it. If you get a Windows Phone, you realise what you have been completely deprived of and if Nokia can make a smartphone last for days on end, why can't Apple and Samsung catch up? When I got my Samsung, the battery didn't last longer than my Nokia, but it still lasts me more than a day even when I use it quite a lot, whilst an iPhone lasts for around two hours!

They also smash after one fall. Again, very few people with iPhones have one that DOESN'T have a smashed screen. I've dropped my Samsung a couple of times on solid surfaces and despite being almost entirely made of glass, it hasn't smashed or cracked. My Nokia fell from waist height and then fell down a full set of wooden stairs and it had not one crack on the screen. You do that with an iPhone and it's bye bye.

Hopefully now, with an increasing negative press and their ridiculously high price tags on hardware that was already made years previously, as well as forcing people to buy gadgets just to have a simple function that other phones have (earpods), less people will buy from Apple. Unfortunately, there will be the brain washed few who will continue buying from them because they refuse to try something new and realise there's better out there for much less!
    The same thing may also happen with RyanAir after what happened recently.

Apple is "leading" purely because of the brainwashed, stubborn people who don't like change.

• Because they're good at marketing and target people who suck at using computers. It's basically a locked down Unix box with an appealing GUI

• I really like the Ipad 2 I have. I've accidently stepped on it, dropped it, punched, slept on top of, and never once has it bent, cracked, or ever stopped working. It's durable. I do like the OS for Iphones and Ipads but the battery for Iphones are terrible. I also do hate how godawful and expensive Iphones are. If I could afford one I could but for now I can live with my budget Samsung J1 and old Ipad2.

• Interesting Take

But I think it is more of a status symbol

• I think it's a social status symbol. So many places have cute accessories for Iphones. I have a samsung phone and it's hard to find cute cases :(

• Not a status symbol if everyone around you has it. It just works better with my mac. My mac was a bitch to my Samsung when I had it. File transfer never worked.

• @Lei123 That could be the case. I have a samsung, but I don't have a mac. My computer is an HP and I've had no issues when I've had to integrate them. I don't like the way that apple forces you to use their software for everything. I like that my phone is customizeable. My

• because it is a status symbol and because they are good at merchandising their bullshit, by keeping the mafia of not having an USB port for example.
    there is no reason for you to buy that cost more than 140 euros

• it is best qualities and easy to use, Im on plan to order news suite Ap labtop, tablet and phone for my employee use too maybe next year in first quota. .

• all my family members uses samsung and my older sister sent me this picture the other day to try to get me to switch over. i used to use android phones up until iphone 4 came out. with android phones i was so sick and tired of the SD cards always crapping out after a while and i always lose my files and photos, sd cards weren't cheap back then either for a decent amount of GBs and also the side of usb that connects to the phone always bends. i never have to deal with those 2 problems when i got iphone, so i stick to using iphones. otherwise yeah i'll be using android phones because of the more advanced features.

• Apple products are convenient to use and it scores you bragging rights.

• The emojis I'm guessing lol, its all getting too expensive tho they should now focus on getting a more cost effective phone. 1k for any of these phones are ridiculous

• Now, my boyfriend had been trying to get me to switch to Apple... never going to happen. Cute effort though.

• I LOOOOOVE Apple products. IPad, iPhone, and Mac for me

• Same reason why Starbucks and Chipotle have their standings.

• Blows my mind how people goto Starbucks with their ludicrous prices... why pay more for crappy coffee flavoured sugar?

• Prefer my samsung 3 lol

• Because people like you keep talking about them. All press is good press.

• I have an iPhone 7 and I love it.

• Good job! I'm an Apple fan though haha

• More from Girls
    8

What Guys Said 50

• Five main reasons:

1. Apple's quality is consistently high - even if it is at the expense of features or capabilities. The stuff that IS there tends to work and work pretty reliably.

2. They're relatively simple. Apple controls the entire experience, from hardware, to OS, to apps, and they intentionally hide away anything they consider to be "too complicated for the average person" - often limiting the ability to do things or to configure things a certain way, but at the same time making it simpler for most people, and thus, for them, more reliable.

3. Image. Apple has some of the very best marketing in the world, which was setup and overseen by Steve Jobs, a widely acknowledged marketing genius. Jobs understood the importance of making Apple a marquee, aspirational brand, and EVERYTHING revolved around that.

4. Service. Again, Apple controls the entire experience, and builds in enough profit to cover the costs of excellent customer service (at least, for a limited amount of time) - and has programs designed to get people to pay for longer-term service. Apple Stores are absolutely key to Apple's success.

5. Always targeting the TOP of the market, never the bottom. Apple builds devices for the well-off, or at least the people willing to pay to fake it. Their stuff is expensive, and they make no apologies for it. When stuff breaks out of warranty, it's expensive to fix or you're encouraged to buy a new one rather than fixing the old one - all of which adds to Apple's bottom line. But when you target the top of the market - people with plenty of discretionary money to spend - you can get away with this.

I personally hate Apple stuff for ME - it goes against everything that matters to me, such as open standards and ME being in control rather than Apple - but I totally get why Apple is at the top of the market. They understand their customers incredibly well, and target them expertly, and support them well, and make them feel special - even though they really aren't. LOL.

• Once something becomes so popular or overpopular and have established a huge following and community, then it's hard for it to become topped by any other competitor. I'm not a fan or user of their products either, don't own any as of now, but I do check them out occasionally at a local Apple Store.

There's always a part of me that kinda wished they would consider going into the gaming market and make specialized gaming macs or maybe something like Apple's own version of a gaming console to compete with Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo. That's about the only thing that held me back from spending money on Apple products as we all know they aren't cheap or budget atm. So until that day, if and when it ever happens, either an Apple game console streamer hybrid of some kind is announced, or maybe Macs that will eventually have full support for Oculus Rift and various Virtual Reality applications with something like Nvidia geForce GTX 1060 graphic processors in them, as GTX 1060 is the minimum for VR support, then I might actually and finally get one.

• Half of apple brand is all about being trendy and because don't know how to use better products. It's like how everyone uses internet explorer unless you know better and jump to Firefox or Chrome.

What I really hate about apple is it's incompatibility with other products. Google map and Chrome for instance.

The only thing I would put value in Apple product is the battery. This is where their engineering shines as it takes the whole design into a single chain to keep the battery alive for average use. Everyone else but Apple failed at this point.

Most of the other features are not that useful. Sure it sounds cool but you don't actually need those. Facial recognition isn't new. I got one on my laptop and didn't like it.

It boils down to what you use the product for and what features you need. I prefer Google products so I always aim for pixel or Nexus which people don't really know because Samsung got more ads. My uncle likes the CAT phone because he uses the infrared camera for his work. My dad likes his $100 phone because he keeps dropping the phone.

• I think Samsung probably makes better phones. That said when I upgrade early next year I will get apple again.

Why? It's user experience and network of contacts.

When apple users say they like the user experience they do not mean new features. New features are entertaining gimmicks. For the most part people don't care or they wouldn't be using apple. When they say experience they mean the unit did what they wanted out of the box. Period. They didn't have to replace the keyboard with a better keyboard. They didn't have to configure anything. They didn't have to make a major decision on when to upgrade operating system. It just works.

The other factor is being embedded with apple. My wife has an iPhone. My daughter had my old iPhone. My other kids use iPods. My parents use iPhones/iPads. My inlaws use iPhones or iPads. Everyone I know uses iMessage. I set up a car pool with a bunch of other parents recently - when I started texting everyone turned out to be on apple. None of them suggested kik or whatever because they're all on group iMessage. It's not for status. None of these people care. They're minivan driving middle age suburbanites (or in some cases 70 year olds).

Basically all people where the actual cost difference between an android phone with subsidy vs apple phone with subsidies over a few years is negligible. So they picked on ease of use originally and familiarity going forward.

• Worldwide it is not the leading brand but it is in the USA (and some other countries)
    There are quite inconsistency in this MyTake.. First this pie chart
    cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...6-b8c6-5e943b59b097.jpg
    This pie chart is outdated, it is from 2015. Also the chart is actually showing iphone to be the second in the market-share. Samsung is leading globally

From the source IDC
    www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prUS42935817
    In the 2nd quarter of 2017 Samsung still leads and Apple is still second. However both Apple and Samsung just grew slightly in 1 year difference
    https://i.imgur.com/Zxnvgii.png
    As seen the market share in 2Q 2017, Samsung is 23% while apple is 12%.. From 2015 apple was at 10.1% share and Samsung at 20.9% share. Apple grew slower.. Meanwhile from what we can take from the data is the Chinese brand grew far bigger, 58.9% increase in just one year. If that trend continues then apple and Samsung could be overtaken in the future.. Speaking of that, recent news. Huawei overtook Apple in the marketshare to be the second.
    www.telegraph.co.uk/.../
    Just as what the number is saying.

Even from the report on your last screenshot, which came from Gartner
    http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/3609817
    Apple bested Samsung in 4th quarter of 2016 (due to exploding note 7 recall)
    https://i.imgur.com/dn2OyEw.png
    But all year round Samsung still has the largest market.
    https://i.imgur.com/U8bYkQH.png

Also some the majority of oppo/vivo phones doesn't come with 2GB ram. Check the lists
    http://www.gsmarena.com/
    The most base phone is 3gb.. The ones with 2gb ram are the older low tier ones. The cheapest of their line. However apple has 3gb ram but it's fine because the iphone is well optimised and has great chip, so it doesn't require much ram.

Also FaceID being able to scan your face in the dark isn't new. Note 8's facial recognition already have that. Jump at 3:40 to see the demo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VkQK1MSiIo

• Screw the rest of their products... but im MBP (MacBook pro) for life.
    Once you go Mac...
    Apple ain't shit on other platforms though, they are starting to tighten up everything, no room for flexibility.

• Lol wait a minute Android market share is above 89% and near 90% inthe world right now then How did even get above 20% manufacturing ranking?

If the requirements matter then there will be NO Ios user and its quiet evident by the market share and Apple lost it to android as compare to 16% in 2012.

• Apple fanboys tend to just buy whatever apple releases as cumbersome as they are. The macbook was a demonstration that apple has failed in innovation after the passing of steve jobs.

They attempt to lead the market and change the direction of the consumer, even when it comes to nuisance like dongles, headphone jack removal etc.

It's because of apple fanboys that $1,000 + price tags for mobile phones become normalised. I wish it was a bit more competitive

• I'm tech literate and still buy apple phones.

To give an example, On android I have to download an app and then download a PDF file then open that file in an app. On iOS I just.. l click it and it opens (whatever the file type).

The end-user experience Apple deliver is a tier above the rest of the competition.

• 1) This is a fake status symbol (which proves nothing but ownership of such a model) and a fake confidence booster at most.

2) You skipped that number

3) I don't understand your point and argument

3 (4)) A quick google search for "my iphone stopped working" or "my iphone lags" will effectively counter this argument.

4 (5)) I can think of a bunch of models, that have had features prior to apple's releases. For example my lumia 950 xl has an excellent camera (if not even better), bigger screen resolution and an iris scanner compared to the iphone 7. Now the iphone X catched up on some of these. The other manufacturers will likely compete with that.
    Just recently with the iphone X release it topped the smartphone business. Competitions should follow.

There. I effectively countered the arguments. I'm not an Apple fan myself but I gave mostly facts.

• lol true whatever you said is correct
      but
      1) it is still a status symbol
      2) You can't deny that 'experience' thing
      I personally used to hate the iphone until I started using one. My dad's a huge apple fan and it used to intimidate me quite often but Idrc

• I already said that providing specs isn't the power of Iphone, it's power is that it modifies those features to enhance your experience

• Okay. In this case I'm also satisfied with those modified features to enhance my experiences with my current smartphone. I wouldn't know what could make it better.
      But since I never had an Iphone I can't compare them both. I don't plan on buying an apple product ever.

• I like apple for a few reason..,
    For one, Apple stores are everywhere and they are generally easy going with issues you have... they are very consistent with software updates, they always come.. their software in general is very very good.. and their products are also very good..

When it comes to Apple you're not only buying physical hardware you're really buying into the company itself...
    1. Service
    2. Software

That's what you really pay for

• Had an android, upgrade time came around (I've always had android phones so I changed it up and got an iphone4 at the time)

I couldn't wait to switch back, everything is so locked down, no free stuff, can't download anything like movies music gotta pay, hate clunky iTunes and the updates and syncing. Everything drm restricted, the Imessage android thing and I much rather have my drag and drop option, seems easierto

• Apple truly has the market cornered when it comes to stupidity. There are a lot of stupid people out there, and as a result, while a minority in the whole of the market, still profits.

• Apple isn't even that good, they used to actually invent things and make phones better but now they are about 3 years behind Samsung in terms of their tech in their phones. Apple doesn't focus on inventing anymore, they focus on user experience and fashion in a sense.

• Status Symbol
    better security than windows coupled with support
    and the general ignorance of linux (also with better security) and non technical people's fear of the terminal.
    Sacrificing ease of maintenance and upgrading apple deliberately makes it extra hard to fix your own devices.

• Simple: it's not a leading brand in the same way Christianity is not a leading religion. The majority of people do not own an Apple, it's just marketed to people as something "everyone has" so as to inflict the bandwagon effect.
    I also strongly disagree with #2 because Apple never allows SD cards or upgrades to their products because they want you to buy a new one just because you ran out of memory. That's why the iPhone is sealed shut even though it's not waterproof.

• Brnad Loyalty

and their Products sometimes are easier to use than PC based/other brands.

I personally Don't like Apple. 9 out 10 Iphone users I've seen had Broken screens... when I've never broken a Droid... even accidentally kicking it with steel toed boots across a parking lot.

• Apple is purely for ease of use. Apple products are perfect for people who aren't very good with technology. Otherwise, windows/linux/samsung are all better choices in my experience.

• becausue their customerbase are guillable people, who neither know, nor give a crap about tech.

• that's quite true lol

• gullible xD wtf. the funniest thing is how apple fucks people over.

they openly make fun off people who still use the "old" product from last year... i mean who the fuck has the money to buy a new desktop, new laptop, a new phone and probably a new tablet every year?

• and god are you shit on if your stuff breaks XD

• Because Apple is not limited to normal phones ! We can use it for many other purposes including arts !
    They have amazing technology !

But Samsung has a thing that Apple doesn't- my teacher described it but i dont know its name

Samsung is not ready to give it to Apple , as he told!
    Apple is demanding it lol!

• More from Guys
    30