Are cell phones an addiction?

Can u do a week without a smart phone? Did u program ur brain to make the phone apart of ur brain so it becomes ur storage device? What are ur thoughts

518

Most Helpful Girl

• I could easily go without my cellphone. As for being an addiction for some people they definitely are.

Most Helpful Guys

• No. It's a very useful tool. You can hold a the world's collective information in your hand, communicate instantly from across oceans, and do things you only those wealthy enough to own a computer could do 30, 40 years ago. Could you live without it? Sure. But I don't think we're addicted to it anymore than we're addicted to other modern conveniences.

• Yes. A while ago they did an experiment on rats, where they where seeing if they coud train them not to do something buy making them feel pain and discomfort buy pressing a metal bar that was connected to the discomfort part of there brain. But in one of the rats they have connected the wires wrong, and everytime the rat pressed the metal bar it felt happiness and plessure. This led to that the rat pressed the metal bar until it died of exhaustion, it ignored everything else exept the metal bar, even food.
    A phone and social media triggers the same elements of our brain and thus, you are able to get addicted to them