Are cell phones an addiction?

Can u do a week without a smart phone? Did u program ur brain to make the phone apart of ur brain so it becomes ur storage device? What are ur thoughts

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I could easily go without my cellphone. As for being an addiction for some people they definitely are.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• No. It's a very useful tool. You can hold a the world's collective information in your hand, communicate instantly from across oceans, and do things you only those wealthy enough to own a computer could do 30, 40 years ago. Could you live without it? Sure. But I don't think we're addicted to it anymore than we're addicted to other modern conveniences.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. A while ago they did an experiment on rats, where they where seeing if they coud train them not to do something buy making them feel pain and discomfort buy pressing a metal bar that was connected to the discomfort part of there brain. But in one of the rats they have connected the wires wrong, and everytime the rat pressed the metal bar it felt happiness and plessure. This led to that the rat pressed the metal bar until it died of exhaustion, it ignored everything else exept the metal bar, even food.
    A phone and social media triggers the same elements of our brain and thus, you are able to get addicted to them

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• Lords of the phones
    Sure, eveey thing can become an addiction if you let it possess you

I can go without a phone if I have stuff to do;)

0|1
    0|0
  • Unfortunately I’ve become very attached to my phone. Even going a day without it would be tough for me.

0|1
    0|0
  • Wouldn’t say I got addicted, but definitely a week without phone I would be dead Lol

0|1
    0|0
  • They can be if the individual chooses to put their focus on it all the time like that

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 16

• I only use my phone for music and adding people on social media. So whenever I workout or ride public transportation I use it or when I'm adding someone on facebook or Instagram. Other than that, it has no use to me. I'm not addicted. But I think a lot of people might be. I can go a week with ease without my phone.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah social media really depresses me but, I'm always there because there's always at least one thing there that's funny. It's like tv but in your hand so it makes you not very productive so i actually have to delete most of my favorite apps so i can focus

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm addicted to illegal road racing. Motorcycles are very popular with English thrives because in England the police aren't allowed to kill motorcyclists even if they've mugged a grany and stolen her purse. The American police keep killing me, they squeeze me between the crash barrier and a cop car and make me crash into the back of a truck. Are they allowed to do that?

0|0
    0|0
  • When I go on vacation it's normally where I never touch my phone, a computer or any kind of device that connects to the internet. I think with most electronics we have come very reliant on having them around for use when ever we want.

0|0
    0|0
  • It seems that way with most people. I don't really understand the attraction. I turn on my phone once a week and could quite easily never use it at all.

0|1
    0|0
  • Smartphones has become part of our life... it's not the phone that's an addiction... it the stuff we use it for.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, I can live without one but I'll need some friends to stay sane

0|1
    0|0
  • ARE cell phones an addiction. And I'd gladly go A YEAR without my phone, on ONE condition.

The rest of the world has to do it too.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it is. I pay for the darn thing... but rarely use it. I just broke up with someone because they were on my phone constantly, day and night, for months... I finally just told her, "Either pay the phone bill, or give me my phone back." 2 months of this... . is it any wonder why I dumped her? 2 months of her on my phone non stop... rest of the world be damned, i. e.; me, the dog, chores, and litterly just tuning out the whole world to the point of utter neglect... I know she is a member of this website, so I won't say names... anyway, yes cellphone addiction is a very real thing.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yup, more than half the population on this planet is addicted.

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes