Do you think people have become too reliant on their phone's spell checker?

How many people would struggle to spell words correctly if their phone suddenly stopped highlighting incorrect words, stopped changing them automatically, or stopped providing alternative spelling options?

#BakedHaggis #Cammysquestions
  • I think people would struggle without it!
    Vote A
  • I think people would manage fine!
    Vote B
  • I think people would have improved spelling and grammar without it!
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My autocorrect is set on german. So I'm sure my English is full with speeling mistakes but I don't mind as long as the message comes across

0|1
    0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• I meen, my phone doesn't have a speel chequer and eye do fine.

Before that ONE guy point out the errors, this is obviously a joke. Shouldn't even have to say this.

0|1
    0|0
    • I know, I hate having to explain jokes on here but there are so many people who would instantly turn on attack mode.

• Yeah, it's a shame how people can still miss blatantly obvious jokes.

• Literally WHO gives a shit about knowing correct grammar.

0|0
    0|0
    • No, fuuu that. Its important to have correct grammar, but who cares if its coming from yourself or an AI

• I mean that's true. But my question was more related to when people no longer have the AI to help them. Will being used to the AI cause them to make more mistakes when they don't have it?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• I mean, I'd probably send a lot of messages with spelling mistakes in them because i'd be too lazy to go back and fix them, but that doesn't mean I'd forget how to spell. I don't have spell check helping me when I do my homework and I generally don't make spelling mistakes there.

0|0
    0|0
  • Who cares? English is a made up frankenlanguage we used to put silent Ys and þ into everything none of it matters.

1|0
    0|0
  • I’d struggle with it being English isn’t my first language.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am "hear"to" tale" you... We "wood" be screwed

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I think people are bad at spelling due to the checker correcting themm. :)

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 14

• I have a slight problem on here because the spell checker is US English rather than our English but in general I find spellchecker good except it only tells you its wrong not the correct version - You still have (for a big word) to open a google tab, key into search engine for correct spelling but I am fairly reliant on it

0|0
    0|0
  • I was a great speller even before spellchecker was a thing. Back in my day we didn't have autocorrect and spellchecker. We had to take extensive spelling tests! Now I realize all of it was totally useless as technology gets more integrated into our lives.

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally dont use the spell checker I find it annoying somehow. When Im not sure how to spell a word (English being my 2nd language) I just look it up

0|1
    0|0
  • I think people NEED it more than rely on it because they aren't being taught to spell in school anymore!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Wel i jus dezaybulled mi spel cheque an mi righting iz jus fyne!

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd be fine without it because I went to school as a kid xD

It doesn't matter now anyway because everyone DOES have a spellchecker in their pocket. Technology doesn't tend to move backwards so we'll probably always have it.

0|0
    0|0
  • My phone's spell checker is so messed up that I end up googling words to double check it anyway lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Far too many would struggle. I am in absolutely no doubt about that.

0|0
    0|0
  • idc because i don't text formally unless it's my boss

0|0
    0|0
  • I have mine off since I write in many languages and he keeps getting in the way

0|0
    0|0
  • I would certainly struggle without it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't spell never could.

0|0
    0|0
  • I barely use it.

0|0
    0|0
  • i spell better when i write vs typing.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes