Do you like the idea of having cryptocurrency?

Digital currencies such as Bitcoin and Steem are like electronic money issued and managed by users. Bitcoin is currently accepted as payment for goods and services on thousands if not millions of websites worldwide with continuing adoption every day. Cryptocurrencies are also a popular choice for the black market because of relative anonymity and ease of use compared to using credit cards and bank accounts. Digital currencies are also very popular in countries like China where moving wealth out of the national economy and into the global market is difficult.

What do you think is and could be the worst part about using cryptocurrencies?

Do you like the idea of having cryptocurrency? Do you like the idea of having cryptocurrency?

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Not really, no. From my understanding, crypto-currency is not tangible. I'd rather have the ability to touch my money than not. Personally, crypto-currency is merely a very easy way for tech savvy-enough people to steal other people's hard-earned money (or identities). What would happen if the entire system gets wiped out - whether accidentally or intentionally? Yes, many people will lose their money. The only way the current monetary system can be wiped out would be if banks and businesses ceased giving out money when people make withdrawals and/or get paid. And unless those people want the world to end, I doubt they will do that. Unless someone can convince me that it is better than the current monetary system, I think I'll pass.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I'll admit I am skeptical because I don't know enough about cryptocurrencies to like it or dislike it. However, I'm willing to learn more. What are the best online or actual institutions, colleges & universities where one can study extensively about digital currencies?

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Cryptocurrencies are incredibly unsafe to use and will never become a legitimate form of transaction because no government is going to officially support an inherently untraceable form of cash.

It's a scam/bubble that is going to make some people very rich and some people very poor before it bursts.

1|1
    0|0
  • i think it leaves far too much room for corruption and illicit activity. there is almost no trail or trace and seems to give a whole world of opportunity to people with ill or criminal intent to operate

1|1
    0|0
  • Monero is where it’s at. That said crypto currencies are very likely our future at this point. The blockchain technology has other applications like medical records as well.

1|1
    0|0
  • No
    First, the name is deceiving because it's not currency.
    It has no value whatsoever except pure speculation.
    There is nothing backing it.
    It can be way too easily manipulated (and already is).
    People who can least afford it can lose everything.
    It's basically big players making money off the average person.

There are a lot of very naive people "investing" in crypto, which is risky to the extreme. It's like they are skipping past investment 101, 102 and 103 - straight to grad school where they might learn the real risk of what they are doing. Learn investing 101 first, and put it in a regular bank account. Then move on to investing 102.

1|0
    0|0
  • Difficult to track, I wouldn't want any large scale business done with bitcoin and fortunately, no serious company accept this as a currency. It's a volatile asset and the bubble bursted a year ago.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, they're easily corrupted or stolen, only shady people or sites accept them, and the value flips all over the place.

1|0
    0|0
  • no, cause it doesn't really have stable value. it's more like the ultimate gambling token than a proper "currency".

1|0
    0|0
  • Nah

I prefer real money..

And gold sometimes 😛😛

1|0
    0|0
  • No. It's a bullshit E-stock market that could be wiped completely out.

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't see a point

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah bitcoin made people actual money

1|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like a great idea.

1|1
    0|0
  • In go (l) d we trust.