How do you feel about today being the 30th anniversary of the world wide web?

The world wide web is not the internet. It's mostly the internet as we know it though by being a network of servers and 2 billion websites that use languages like HTML and JavaScript for people to see and send information.

Happy birthday world wide web.

2|0

Most Helpful Girls

• It feels awesome! Thanks to it, now we can find information almost about anything in seconds and many other things. Iโ€™d bet 100 years ago, people wouldโ€™ve done anything to be in our time. So thatโ€™s enough to be appreciative about the www! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’›

0|1
    0|0
  • yay or else we'd all not be here rn

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• People here complaining about what the internet has done yet theyโ€™re still here using it

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Looking forward to the new version being developed now. At least, I read a report about it a few weeks ago. Then in 30+ years, celebrating another anniversary.

0|0
    0|0
    • I haven't heard of the new version.

• A DDS. No central servers. All data stored as multiple parts, multiple times, on muliple servers. Almost impossible to delete anything. Safety in numbers, so they say!

• darpanet... for military purposes propagated to society. changed the world!

0|0
    0|0
  • I wonder how the founders of the World Wide Web now feel about it being used mainly for selfies and silly memes ๐Ÿ˜…

0|0
    0|0
  • Disappointed at what is presented as 30 years of experience

0|0
    0|0
  • makes me feel old as fuck, cause it's younger than me xD

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah but it's amazing how new it really is. I'm not sure if kids understand that. I remember the first time I heard about MySpace was when I was partying with an ex girlfriend in early twenties. Facebook wasn't even out really.

• i remember the first time i was connected to the internet with my 56k dial up modem and i felt like the master of information and music, cause i could suddenly download every music i want and had every infomration basically at the tips of my fingers. the younger generation won't ever feel that world changing sensation.

funny thing is: these days you sometimes have arguments and just 2 seconds of google with your smart device right in your pocket would settle it but you're like "naw too lazy, just fuck it".

• Sad it destroyed everything good

0|1
    1|0
  • God bless america... seeing as we invented it lol

0|0
    1|0
    • What hasn't the evil white American male not invented now a days? They are so evil with their trying to create things people what to use.

• Right lol!!

• woot woot

0|1
    0|0
  • Happy anniversary world wide web

0|1
    0|0
  • D/c...

0|0
    0|0
  • Very upset that no one even knows or celebrates

0|0