Do you find it easier to initiate a conversation online?

I've noticed I find it very easy to approach someone in person and talk to him/her, but when it comes to initiating a conversation with someone online. I don't even message or call someone first very often. I hardly contact someone first. Whether they're my real life friends or online friends.

It makes some friends think I'm not interested in talking to them or I don't miss them, but I actually miss them and wait for them to contact me first, lol. As I feel awkward/shy when I have to contact someone, plus I don't want to disturb anyone. Many said it's okay to message them and how they would actually like it if I inititate, but I did it very few times.

Do you find it easier to initiate a conversation online or do you find it easier to approach someone in real life and talk?

1635