Can you please rate my PC build?

RAM:10 GB CRUCIAL DDR4
CPU:INTEL I3 8100
MOTHERBOARD:Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi
SSD: SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500 GB
GPU:GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1650 OC

210

Most Helpful Guys

• 5/10.
    Firstly 10GB RAM how? you have single channel dual channel and quad channel there's no such thing as triple channel ram?
    CPU good choice for an i3 but if your looking at gaming i5 is a must that i3 is probably bottlenecking your cpu.
    ssd never can go wrong but a hdd isn't bad either.
    motherboard the best board available but a waste of money too you could have gotten a different one with the same major features but cheaper. You don't need 2 extra pcie slots you rarely need the 8x pic slots extra stuff you may never use. And that money could have been used on a better cpu so you get better performance.
    GPU not bad at all average performance the best choice but a gtx 1060 or rx 580 is not far off and much cheaper.
    Also power supply?

• 7 d ago

Ps remove that third piece of ram you can't have 3 pieces of Ram it will damage the motherboard you can have 1 stick 2 sticks and 4 sticks never three the 1 and 2 sticks need to be in a certain order too see manual.
      Also bottlenecking your GPU* not CPU (autocorrect)

• 7 d ago

There are no 2gb sticks on the supported RAM datasheet for that motherboard. So you're just speculating that you'll end up with a bootable system. If for nothing else I suspect XMP probably won't work..

• 6 d ago

@Pixel343 He's got crucial i'm guessing 2GB crucial DDR4 since the z390's all do the new ddr4 ram it's exists but i'm not sure. I also don't think you can do 2GB with 8Gb usually 8Gb modules come as 2 4GB sticks etc.

• Sounds like a basic workstation or game machine.

What's wrong with upgrading to a quad core i7. They gotta be cheap now. I just bought two i9 Mac laptops last week.

And 10GB? That just sounds like a weird number for memory. I am used to 8/16/32. . .

Graphics card is cool.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds fine for a general purpose machine. Big question is the OS! Win 10 or Linux?

• 7 d ago

Linux wtf? what is he building? a thousand dollar paperweight?

• 7 d ago

@Pixel343 LOL! Why do you think so many tech things use Linux as an OS? Why do you think there are still mainframes that use Unix?

I do not think you have ever delved "under the hood" of Linux.

Of course, it does not spy on you like Microshite stuff. It is open source. It can be modified to your hearts content. It runs all the usual software, at least, everything you will ever need.

• 7 d ago

I have considered using linux for my CNC build, windows isn't what you call a "real-time operating system" which is why linux is used in many dedicated technical applications. but I have a learning disability, so It's somewhat intimidating. Windows is in my bones. I'm using 8.1 pro right now, windows 10 certainly perfected the "Cloudy" aspects of windows 8.1 and the App dev team only works on that now so.